Thursday, 19 March 2009

Toaru Majutsu no Index

Okay, so I have a week off and, ideally, I'd be spending it writing a 5000 word report on thin-film ferromagnets.

However, I'm not.

Instead, I've been spending my days with the family and searching for new anime to watch (and some new manga to buy, most of the english volumes I own are of series I've already read i.e. Bleach and Negima). Koukaku no Regios is one of the series I've picked up this week, and after catching up, I gotta say, I love the way the plot is building and you get the sense of various grand plots all slowly tying together. Also this week I finished watching Otoboku (which was wonderfully light watching, brain -> off!), I tried to start watching Simoun again (I can see it's got potential, I just feel it needs more than watching 2 episodes now and then), I watched the first episode of Birdy The Mighty Decode (seems fantastic, will just have to see how it pans out) and then I found Toaru Majutsu no Index.

I watched the first episode, just to see what it was like, some of the reviews online made mention of it being similar to Shakugan no Shana in style (coming from JC Staff, so it's no small wonder - also JC Staff have produced some of my favourite series; Shana, Zero no Tsukaima and Toradora! to name a few). They weren't wrong. I love the way Toaru has been building up, having recently seen to episode 5, the background has been built up in a steady fashion and the characters have been given enough charm to survive without much fleshing out (for the moment). I have great hopes for this series, especially if it builds the way Shana did (shame about the end of SnS2 but meh, it wasn't a bad ending).

No comments:

Post a Comment